winds

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello. So recently I had a bunch of spreadsheets in separate files, and I grouped them all together back by coding the individual files using numbers (1,2,3 and etc.), copying one set of data by having one spreadsheet opened (say spreadsheet 1 into the 1st column of my master spreadsheet), then dragging that data in the master to match the number of files I wanted (about 30+), then manually find and replace each column so that I change the spreadsheet in the formula (eg. 1 to 2 in 2nd column, 1 to 3 in 3rd column). Now this was about 30+ files so it was not too bad to do manually. But in the future I may have to do the same task about a 100+ files and that would be a bit overkill to be honest. Is there some magic formula or macro I can do to get around this task more easier?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Just to update the thread, I read that power query could help but I think that's only for users with Microsoft 365.. if I'm not mistaken... does that mean a vba macro is necessary?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Power Query, free for 2010 and newer, Built-in for 2016 and newer.

See here:

Upvote 0
Yes so I think power query is not an option for me since I use Mac... does that mean I need a macro?

Upvote 0
Very probably. But as I do not have a Mac & so know nothing about the path structures I cannot help.
I think as long as I have a VBA code it should work. I usually just play around VBA's whenever I need taken from others and altering it slightly to suit my needs tbh as long as I have the basic vba code... I don't know how to build one from scratch though.

Having said that... anyone willing to craft a vba code for this kind of task?

Upvote 0
Sorry, just bumping this thread to see if anyone willing to help construct a macro for this menial task..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back