Help with formula

annep833

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am looking for help with this formula. It's not working and I know I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to combine these two formulas:

=IF((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("",F17)),"Done in Q1"))

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(C:C,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)),"",INDEX('Q2 Quality'!$I$2:$I$7500,MATCH(C:C,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)))

The ISERROR formula works for me to pull the data from the Q2 Quality worksheet into my ALL worksheet but I also want to add that if the

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Your use of the MATCH function looks incorrect ( see syntax)
What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why it cut me off. The ISERROR works for me to pull the data in column I from Q2 Quality if Column H in Q2 Quality matches Column C in my ALL Worksheet. I want to add to the formula to enter "Done in Q1" if Column F in the ALL worksheet has text. If it has no text, I just want it to return the result of the ISERROR formula (pulling the data from the Q2 Quality sheet).

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IF(F2<>"","Done in Q1",IFERROR(INDEX('Q2 Quality'!$I$2:$I$7500,MATCH(C2,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)),""))

Upvote 0
Solution
Your use of the MATCH function looks incorrect ( see syntax)
What are you trying to do?
I'm not sure why it cut me off. The ISERROR works for me to pull the data in column I from Q2 Quality if Column H in Q2 Quality matches Column C in my ALL Worksheet. I want to add to the formula to enter "Done in Q1" if Column F in the ALL worksheet has text. If it has no text, I just want it to return the result of the ISERROR formula (pulling the data from the Q2 Quality sheet).

Upvote 0
You've already said that. Have you tried the formula I suggested?

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IF(F2<>"","Done in Q1",IFERROR(INDEX('Q2 Quality'!$I$2:$I$7500,MATCH(C2,'Q2 Quality'!$H$2:$H$7500,0)),""))
You've already said that. Have you tried the formula I suggested?
Sorry for sending it twice... I tried that and it isn't pulling the data from the Q2 Quality Sheet but it is inputting the Done in Q1 text so halfway there. I still need it to return the text from the Q2 Quality sheet if there isn't text in my ALL sheet in column F. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I got it to work by changing C2 to C:C. Thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0
You really shouldn't use entire columns like that, you should refer to the actual cell your interested in.

Upvote 0
You really shouldn't use entire columns like that, you should refer to the actual cell your interested in.
I need to match a value in the column, not a specific cell. If it works, what is the harm?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back