Help with forumla showing up in cell... but not the sum

Rhill

Good morning all, I am currently trying to create a worksheet that will self populate based upon the data entered in another worksheet in the same Workbook. ON most of the cells that I ant the information to populate, this has worked. However, two cells only show the formula and not the data that is found on the previous worksheet. I have an image of this worsheet available if nyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks[/img]

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi Rhill,
Just check whether those cells have formula after an = sign. IF not add the = sign. Even after that you cannot get an answer please place a copy of your sheet

Upvote 0
Well, I have already checked to make sure there is a forula after teh = in both instances (There area total of 6 in the entire worksheet). How might I attach a picture to this post?

Upvote 0
Are the cells showing the formulas formatted as text?

Also, pressing CTRL ~ (next to the 1) will toggle formula view on and off. But, that would apply more to having the whole worksheet show formulas, not a handful of cells.

Upvote 0
Oaktree, I do have the cell formatted as text. 2 are showing the formula and 4 are showing the 'sum' of the formula.

Upvote 0
Rhill said:
Oaktree, I do have the cell formatted as text. 2 are showing the formula and 4 are showing the 'sum' of the formula.

Run Edit|Find with Find What set to = and Replace With to =.

Upvote 0
Aladin, thank you and the rest of the folks here! Your tip did the trick!!! Have a great day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back