Help with Hyperlinking inside workbook

DaSandmanCometh

I have a worksheet (B) that I use to keep track of additions to facilities and I have the address/facility name as the main header. Now I have about 35 facilities on this worksheet which makes the worksheet kinda long. On a different worksheet (A) I have totals for facilities, the list is just the address/facility name. I have been using the hyperlink from A to a cell on B so I can go to the facility and look up what I need to. However my company has been doing a bunch of renovations/upgrades/improvements to their property's and I seem to be adding another row to B daily. Which throws off my hyperlinks to the where the address/facility header is.

Is there a way to hyperlink to a dynamic cell? Can I hyperlink to a certain name/sting of words/etc... Something that will allow me to go to the address/facility header on worksheet B even when I'm added rows?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Sandman,
Welcome to the forum.
It is helpful to tell us what version of Excel and Windows you are using. You will get more help if you post samples of Worksheets A and B for us to see, changing any proprietary info.
You can use HTML Maker or similar addin to make copies of sample worksheets.
- To download Mr Excel HTML Maker http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html#post2545970

I have done something very similar to save solutions from this and other forums that I want to access quickly that I have saved in my own workbook. The solution uses 2 macros and a function in Visual Basic. The headings on Worksheet B are saved (one per selection) to Worksheet A in column A. You run that macro once for each heading to insure they are an exact match. Then when you double-click on one of the headings on Worksheet A, the section
under that heading on Worksheet B is brought to the top left corner of the screen.

The macros use Worksheet names and index numbers. To see the index numbers and names of the worksheets in your workbook, open the workbook and press Alt + F11, this will open the Visual Basic Editor. On the left side of the window that opens is a Explorer type list that shows the various open workbooks. Select your workbook and all the worksheets will be displayed, ie. 'Sheet1 (Worksheet A)', 'Sheet2 (Worksheet B)', and etc. Make a note of the two worksheets names and index numbers, ie. 'Sheet1 (Worksheet A)', 'Sheet2 (Worksheet B)', and etc. Close that window when you are done.

When you furnish the samples and information we can move forward if you want to continue with this solution.
Perpa

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back