Help with "If greater than = X, but less than = calculation" statement.

PatGubbins

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have been trying to figure this one out and cant get it.

I need my formula to do things. 1 if A1*B1=<20 then make it equal 20. which I have worked out =IF(D14*F14<20,"20",""), I then need if A2*B2=>20 that is shows the value of the multiplication. which I have =IF(D15*F15>=20,D15*F15,"") which is blank if less than 20. How can i put them together.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hi welcome,

looking at what you've written, you refer to A1*b1, which you say was worked out with your formula referring to D14*f14... then I get a little lost with your explanation on the next part. Would you mind re-reading it, and explaining a little clearer in terms of your need please ? I dont understand the relationship between A2*B2 and your formula D15*F15 ?

maybe just write in plain english what you want a formula to do, and which cells to act on ?

many thanks
Rob

Upvote 0
Assuming you are talking about the same row for both conditions try:
Excel Formula:
=MAX(A1*B1,20)

Upvote 0
Hi welcome,

looking at what you've written, you refer to A1*b1, which you say was worked out with your formula referring to D14*f14... then I get a little lost with your explanation on the next part. Would you mind re-reading it, and explaining a little clearer in terms of your need please ? I dont understand the relationship between A2*B2 and your formula D15*F15 ?

maybe just write in plain english what you want a formula to do, and which cells to act on ?

many thanks
Rob

Hi Rob, Sorry just realised I have copied the formula and referred to different cells.

So what I would like the formula to do is if I have B1=A1*C1 and if it is less than 20 than B1 shows as 20. but if I have B2=A2*C2 and it is greater than 20 I want it to show as the calculated figure.

So if it were B1=2*5 which is 10, I want the formula to supersede it and show 20 which I have achieved using this. IF(A1*C1<20,"20",""). Then if B2=9*5 which is 45 i want b2 to = 45.

I hope this makes sense, I would like IF(A1*C1<20,"20",""),IF(AND(A1*C1>20,"A1*C1"). If A1*C1= less than 20 then it equal 20 but is A1*C1 = more than 20 than it shows whatever the value calculate is.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
thanks Pat - its as clear as mud :(

So based on what you are saying, actually you want a formula for B1, and a separate formula for B2 ? Or are you saying you have formulas for B1 and B2, and you are looking for a formula for another cell, based on B1 and B2 results ?

So B1 can be (from @Alex), or what you had already.
Excel Formula:
=Max(A1*C1,20)

B2 would have :
Excel Formula:
MAx(A2*C2,20)

Is that what you need ?
Rob

Upvote 0
thanks Pat - its as clear as mud :(

So based on what you are saying, actually you want a formula for B1, and a separate formula for B2 ? Or are you saying you have formulas for B1 and B2, and you are looking for a formula for another cell, based on B1 and B2 results ?

So B1 can be (from @Alex), or what you had already.
Excel Formula:
=Max(A1*C1,20)

B2 would have :
Excel Formula:
MAx(A2*C2,20)

Is that what you need ?
Rob
Hi Rob,

Yes this worked. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back