Help with IFBlank

silvibins

Hi, I'm new to this forum and signed up in the hope someone could help me with something I've been trying to figure out for hours without success, including going through the forum here, searching for IFBlank - maybe that's what I don't even need.

My data set looks like below with Q1_round1, Q1_round2, Q1_round3: Each respondent could get a chance to answer Q1 in either round 1, 2 or 3 or maybe he was not chosen for Q1 and in that case the cell should be empty.

Essentially: find the value either here or here or here and if everything is blank then leave it blank.

var1
Q1_round1Q1_round2Q1_round3Q1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Sorry, pressed the hit button before I could add: I would appreciate any help! I've been copy pasting for hours :/

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying! The data set is unfortunately not set up so that a range would work - I simplified it above. It's more like: Q1_round1_product1, Q1_round1_product2, Q1_round1_product3 etc. all the way to product 66 and then it starts all over for round 2.

So, what I'm trying to tell Excel is "Take the value from cell 1 (e.g. A3) or cell 2 (e.g. F3) or cell 3 (e.g. H3), if all 3 of those cells are empty, leave it blank."

Upvote 0
Assuming there's only ever one entry, and are the values always numbers or words?

If they're always numbers, could do
=IF(SUM(A3,F3,H3)=0,"",SUM(A3,F3,H3))
If they're words/text, could simply do =CONCATENATE(A3,F3,H3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back