help with index match image

mande70

hi all not one for posting normally as i like to work things out for myself, but this error im having has me pulling my hair out.

i found a dashboard online for match results and statistics that i edited to show lineups, goalscorers etc. dependent on the match selected the information will show for two teams as per the image below

you will notice that there is 2 kit images appearing again dependent on the user selection. the problem im facing is that all the images on the home side appear correctly, but on the away side, 7 particular teams dont show correctly, while 4 others do,

heres the home side formula =IF(Calculation!$D$31<>"-",INDEX(Logos!$A$2:$B$23,MATCH(Calculation!$B$31,Logos!$A$2:$A$23,0),2),Logos!$C$2)

its in name manager and the cells referred to are D31 in calculation is the match score, A2:b23 on logos is the table for the team names and logos, b31 is the user selected match and it shows the home team, logos a2:A23 is the team names and C2 is an image if an error occurs. (incidently thats not working either on the 7 teams, as when i click on the 7 teams not working it holds the image from the previous return until it finds another image that will show.)

=IF(Calculation!$D$31<>"-",INDEX(Logos!$A$2:$B$23,MATCH(Calculation!$C$31,Logos!$A$2:$A$23,0),2),Logos!$C$2)

this is the away side formula, only difference is the C31 location, which is the user selected away team

any help would be appreciated, just cant ascertain why 4 of the away team images work correctly, yet 7 dont, but they work correctly in the home side.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
C31 isn't having an additional space issue, either before or after name is it.

The ones that fail, are they single words or doubles like "Crystal Palace"

Upvote 0
the teams failing are arsenal, leeds, coventry, liverpool, ipswich, west ham, (my error, 6 teams dont work, ) the west ham would be the odd one out the rest being single team names

Upvote 0
ive just tried adding letters after coventry and west ham eg Coventry C and hey presto they now work, the other option would be to add FC to the single name entities and hopefully they will work

Upvote 0
I would look at incorporating TRIM into the formula, you shouldn't have to add stuff to make it work

Upvote 0
not sure how but for some reason now adding the FC to single teams and putting coventry city instead of coventry, and west ham united instead of west ham it all works now, dont think ill push my luck by adding trim lol, dont look a gift horse in the mouth lol, thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back