Help with job interview VBA/Matlab/Programming

RMIR03000

[FONT=&quot]Hi guys,

I am due to go for an interview for a Jr Supply Chain Data Analyst and brushing up on my VBA skills, i actually have never coded before in excel using VBA, so i'm a beginner.

'The interview will include a technical test where you will be asked to write some code – this code will follow some of the same principles of VBA. There will be some further technical questions plus some competency based questions'

What We’re Looking For
[/FONT]

• Programming ability with a willingness to learn VBA
  • Familiarity with MS Office applications, in particular of Excel (Visual Basic, Macros), SQL.
[FONT=&quot]

Can somebody give me some pointers on where i could start? I've also been told it's not testing my knowledge as much, but seeing how i get on with structuring the code as a Jr. I have experience in C language and statistical model building which is the minimum requirement for the job role.

I've gone over the following:

[/FONT]

CREATING BUTTONS
LOWER/HIGHER RANGES
LIST WITH LOOPS
RECORD CODE TO DUPLICATE SHEETS
LOOPS TO DUPLICATE SHEETS
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Job Spec:
Development, Analysis and Reporting: (35%)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Report process standardization with VBA macros, SQLs Access or other IT Tools.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Master the calculation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the department and identify risks or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]opportunities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other Job-Related Skills/Background[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During his/her education and experience, she/he has done projects that involve programming heavily: VBA, Matlab, R.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Strong familiarity with MS Office applications, in particular of Excel (Visual Basic, Macros), SQL. Not required, but strong[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]familiarity with other programming languages such as Matlab is a plus.

I hope somebody can help, I have attempted to get a tutor in for Monday to help but so last minute it will be hard to find someone.[/FONT]

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
If you have previous programming background, and need to get up-to-speed with Excel VBA in a pinch, I would recommend learn the syntax and other language basics (data types, declarations, loops, conditional statements, VBA function library) and then, more importantly, learn the fundamentals of the Excel object model (base classes such as Application, Workbook, Worksheet, Range).

You can get a good start by perusing the VBE Object Browser (VBA library and Excel library), you can get to it by pressing F2 in the VBE interface.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back