Help with linked cell formula

Joe Payne

Having problem explaining but I will try. I have linked cells in my workbook that show information! from another cell on a different worksheet in the same workbook. I want to have a conditional formula that will only show the information if there is a number equal to 1 or greater than 1 in another cell. If no number exists, I want the cell showing the info to be blank. I hope I have been able to explain properly.:(

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Domski

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

Does this do what you're after?

=IF(Sheet2!A1>=1,Sheet2!A1,"")

Dom

Joe Payne

Thanks, Domski

Thanks, Domski. After getting your formula I used it to research the "if" statement and this is what I finally came up with that worked perfectly.

=IF(Information!F2>=1,Information!A2, 0)

I don't know what the difference between the "" that you added in your statement and the 0 is for the false part of the statement, but it worked.
I now have a better understanding of the "if" statement, thanks to your help. :biggrin:

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Joe

The difference is, if Information!F2 < 1 then your formula will return a 0 whereas Dom's will return a null string which will make the cell look blank. It just depends what you want to happen.

Joe Payne

ADVERTISEMENT

I understand

Thanks, Peter. I understand the difference.
I want to thank all of the posters who give their time to help people like me who are just entering the world of Excel. Without you guys and gals to give us a helping hand, our learning time would be greatly increased. It is so nice to have a board where the people want to help you instead of trying to beat their own drum and be-little those who ask questions. Thanks again to all.

Domski

No worries. I post to learn myself. Still far from being as good as a lot of the guys here but I'm trying :biggrin: .

Dom

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Re: I understand

Thanks, Peter. I understand the difference.
I want to thank all of the posters who give their time to help people like me who are just entering the world of Excel. Without you guys and gals to give us a helping hand, our learning time would be greatly increased. It is so nice to have a board where the people want to help you instead of trying to beat their own drum and be-little those who ask questions. Thanks again to all.
Thanks Joe :biggrin:
Hope you continue to get satisfaction from using the Mr Excel board :oops:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DessertDiva