1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi all, I'm pretty new with Excel, so I would really appreciate any help I can get with this. I have 2 workbooks, one of these is updated with new values every day with rows added onto the existing ones. It looks something like this, with rows going into thousands.
2.png

I need Excel to pull the values for SHIFT and PRODUCT from the above workbook and enter them into a new one, which looks something like this:

3.png

I'd also like to add that shift values can only be A, B, C or D, however for product I have about 200 different possible values. I hope all that made sense.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Welcome.

What is it you're trying to find? How do you distinguish between "day" and "night" for the shift and product? Post an example of the solution(s) you're looking to generatel.

Upvote 0
My dayshift can only be A or C, nightshift can only be B or D. These shifts alternate every 4 days. My original sheet is not static, and will add rows every day, so I can't just reference it to certain cells. I don't need the fields saying if its day or night, those were more just as a reference. Here is a screenshot of what I would want it to look like. In this example I3=C2 and J3=D2. Basically what I need it to do, is update fields I3 and J3 automatically based off of date and machine number. Does that help? I'm horrible at explaining stuff, sorry.
6.png

Upvote 0
How about:

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJ
1DateMachineShiftProduct12/1/2019
212/1/20191afitShiftProduct
312/1/20191bnrse1dayafit
412/1/20192alg1nightbnrse
512/1/20192bmsc
612/2/20193ctrge2dayc 
712/2/20193dmd2nightbmsc
812/2/20194cuni
912/2/20194duni
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J3:J4, J6:J7J3=IFERROR(INDIRECT("D"&SUMPRODUCT((A:A=$G$1)*(C:C=$I3)*(B:B=$G3)*ROW(A:A))),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back