Help with Lookups and Percentages from multiple worksheets in one workbook

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day all. I am running Excel out of Office365 (updated recently) on Windows 10 Home. I am the statistician for a club that makes several rides a year. The workbook contains 7 worksheets.
Rides - tracks all rides by date showing the number of riders, date of the ride, month of the ride, final status of the ride and the weekday of the ride.
Riders - tracks all members of the club showing name, membership status, total rides attended, month of membership and percentage of rides attended.
Presets - contains values used by other worksheets as constants.
The other four worksheets have no effect on this issue.

The problem is trying to calculate the percentage of attendance based on the number of months that the member was in the club for a fiscal year. Our fiscal year for ride attendance runs from December of the previous year through November of the current year. The legal fiscal year for membership in the club runs from January to December of the existing year. I have created a group of cells that computes the number of rides for each month. I have also created a group of cells that creates the number of rides for a combination of months. This particular group shows the total of rides for the period of Dec to Nov, Jan to Nov, Feb to Nov, etc, all the way to Nov to Nov. There now exists twelve numbers that can be referenced for a member allowing the percentage of attendance to be limited to the months of membership. Any member who rejoins the club in January is considered to have been a member in December of the previous year. I have used Count, Countif and Countifs to organize the totals in the three worksheets. I need help in using the number of rides attended in a given set of months of membership to get an accurate percentage of attendance based on the fact that the member was only able to ride a number of months for a fiscal year. It is unfair to create a percentage of attendance based on the total number of rides attended if the member only had access to less than twelve months of rides. I hope that I have explained the problem with enough detail. If you have any questions, please reply. As always, I appreciate any help on this issue.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Good day all. Please disregard this entry as I have cured the problem. I appreciate anyone who worked on this one.
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back