Help with lookups

Ocleron

Hello, I'm trying to make a spreadsheet that checks age and sex and then use the appropriate score sheet depending on what the age and sex are. If you look on sheet 1 in the workbook in cell E3 or C3 you can see where I've started to next my if statements to do the checks. I was wondering if there is an easier way to accomplish these checks and then use the appropriate sheet. I haven't fill out all the score cards yet, but the sheets have been created. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cWOf_tuBonF5MW0BySQpHX1fRIGhZcLo/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Not sure of your intent to introduce dates or anything, but this is a bit of a workaround for what I think you're after. I've created a new sheet called "Lookup Sheet", and on that sheet is the following:

ABCDE
2SexLower AgeSheet Name
3M1Male <30
4M30Male 30-39
5M40Male 40-49
6M50Male 50-59
7M60Male >60
8F1Female <30
9F30Female 30-39
10F40Female 40-49
11F50Female 50-59
12F60Female >60

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Back on sheet "1", I've done some rearranging and added some stuff:

ABCDEFGHIJ
1Age30SexM
3Column:DEGHJKMN
4DateBody CompScorePush-upsScoreSitupsScore1.5 Mile RunScoreTotal Score
516-Nov-1731.520559.5551012:05

<colgroup><col><col><col><col span="4"><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

The formula for the score in C5 is: =INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&INDEX('Lookup Sheet'!$E$4:$E$13,MATCH('1'!$E$1,'Lookup Sheet'!$C$4:$C$13,0)+MATCH('1'!$B$1,'Lookup Sheet'!$D$4:$D$8,1)-1)&"'!"&C3&":"&C3),MATCH(B5,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX('Lookup Sheet'!$E$4:$E$13,MATCH('1'!$E$1,'Lookup Sheet'!$C$4:$C$13,0)+MATCH('1'!$B$1,'Lookup Sheet'!$D$4:$D$8,1)-1)&"'!"&B3&":"&B3),0))

This can be copy and pasted into E5 and G5. I've added the Column values in row 3 based on where you've positioned your data on each of the tabs. This will need to be manually changed if you rearrange those other sheets (I could automate it, but your column headings don't match)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back