Help with macro for copy cell data from one worksheet to another in next available row.

eages

Hoping someone out there can help me. I am new to macros and do not have a clue where to start.

I have a worksheet called "Entry" and there are certain cells in which data is entered into. There is also a command button that when clicked I would like it to do the following:

1. Copy data that has been entered on the worksheet named "Entry" from certain cells such as C5, C7, I6 etc and paste them onto the next available row of a different worksheet named "Data".

2. I would also like it to sort the information by Column A in the "Data" worksheet and save. So that when the data on the "Entry" worksheet is cleared the information remains on the "Data" worksheet.

3. I would then like it to clear the certain cells on the "Entry" worksheet to allow new entries to be made.

Is this possible to do all 3 with just one click of the button and if so how to I ask it nicely to do this.

Thank you to all in advance for any assistance that you can give me.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Try something like this

Code:
Sub test()
With Sheets("Entry")
    .Range("C5").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("C7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("I6").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("C5,C7,I6").ClearContents
End With
Sheets("Data").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Upvote 0
This should get you started:
Code:
Option Explicit

Sub AddToDatabase()
Dim wsData  As Worksheet:   Set wsData = Sheets("Data")
Dim wsEntry As Worksheet:   Set wsEntry = Sheets("Entry")
Dim NextRw  As Long

With wsData
        NextRw = .Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1
        .Range("A" & NextRw) = wsEntry.Range("C5")
        .Range("B" & NextRw) = wsEntry.Range("C7")
        .Range("C" & NextRw) = wsEntry.Range("I6")

.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort .Range("A2"), xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess
    End With

wsEntry.Range("C5,C7,I6").Value = ""
Set wsData = Nothing
Set wsEntry = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for your quick reply VoG.

I know I am doing something that is basically stupid but it comes up with and error of
Compile error:
Expected End Sub

and has highlighted
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

do I take this out am I so unsure

Upvote 0
If you want to assign my code to a button, first place the code in a standard module. Then add a button from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet and when prompted assign the macro test.

Upvote 0
Back again, have just discovered a hiccup in which if data is not entered in "C5" of "Entry" worksheet how do I get the macro to either ignore the command to copy of all the relevant data that will populate that row into the "Data" worksheet or delete the data in a row in the "Data" worksheet where Column A is blank.

Upvote 0
Try

Rich (BB code):
Sub test()
With Sheets("Entry")
    If .Range("C5").Value = "" Then
        MsgBox "You must complete C5", vbExclamation
        Exit Sub
    End If
    .Range("C5").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("C7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("I6").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Range("C5,C7,I6").ClearContents
End With
Sheets("Data").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back