Help with Macros - How to Copy, Paste-Special-Values, multiple selected cells

NFlood

I have a spreadsheet that I am updating information in monthly. Since I keep the monthly history I always copy the most recent row of data and I have to do this for about 50 rows each month. Once that is done I need to copy and paste the formulas in a few different cells (which I keep in a hidden row) for each new row and then I copy, paste-special-values for each of these formulas. As you can guess, this is an extremely tedious task and I know it can be made more efficient. I have created a macro that will copy, paste and highlight, each new row for me (one at a time) but I am wondering if I can select multiple rows and have it perform the copy & paste function for each selected row. Here is my current macro:

Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Application.CutCopyMode = False
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Color = 13434879
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

Similarly, is there a way for me to select each cell that I have copied my formula in to and use a macro that will perform the Copy & Paste-special-values functions, to all selected cells instead of having to perform the task one cell at a time?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
This post has implications for your problem: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...as-values-non-adjacent-cells.html#post3931515

Q1. What columns contain the new data?
Q2. Are all of the new data rows adjacent?
Q3. What row/columns (the hidden row) contain the formulas that you copy to the rows with new data?
Q4. Are the hidden formulas copied to the corresponding columns in the new rows (A to A, K to K, Q to Q, etc.)
Q4a. If not, what is the mapping? (A to A, B to K, C to Q, etc.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back