Help with making complex survey responses useful

Phontonx

We have posted a survey and have received many answers. Unfortunately, there is no relationship in our CRM and the questions have all become jumbled. I am wondering if there is a way to process the data in Excel to make the data useful.

For instance:
  1. Identify shared time stamp (survey is submitted and all Q&A get the same time stamp
  2. identify question (there are multiple instances of the same question - one for each response, only one serial number per time stamp, though, if that helps)
  3. populate answers across the rows, so data can be sorted and filtered

I can add numbers to questions if that would help, but the current data does not have them. If it is needed, I can manually add them.

Is this too much for Excel to do? Or am I even going about it wrong? I am open to any suggestions, but we will be getting upwards of 100 surveys sent in and I am overwhelmed with this small group already!

A simple screenshot will not suffice, I will be happy to share an anonymized copy of the spreadsheet I am trying to work with. I know attachments are not allowed, and did not see anything about links, so have not provided one yet.

Looking forward to any help! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
You can use DROPBOX, or Google Cloud, or Amazon Cloud, etc. to post a download.

Upvote 0
Phontonx,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file.

Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com.

Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here.

Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets.

If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back