Help with Moving Data Between Worksheets Using a Userform

ThadiusManbeard

Thank you for taking the time to read through this! I appreciate any and all help!

The Goal

I am trying to create an Excel program that can help me generate grocery lists and meal plans (simple enough, right?). I currently have a userform that allows me to search a master list of ingredients/grocery items and I need that user form to add each selected grocery item to a grocery list.

The Current State

I have the master list created and the userform does about 75% of what I want it to do. Currently, the userform cannot search for grocery items AND place the selected items into a grocery list.

The Problems

- I have a limited understanding of the VBA I'm using (most of it I have pieced together from other solutions found online, but that has only gotten me so far).
- I need the user form to be able to perform a live search of the master list, select items, and place those items in another worksheet (this would be the grocery list).

I can email you my workbook so that you can get a better understanding of what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Lets say Column A hosts your 'Meal' and Column B hosts your 'List', you could generate a routine that FINDS the 'MEAL' and for each instance copies the contents of 'LIST' into a generic blank workbook file. This will utilize a few different strategies depending on how you built both. Blank rows in-between each 'LIST' grouping could help by performing the copy function until it finds an empty cell. You will be able to utilize the same code over and over until your done selecting items. Then you could do something for counting items in your grocery list in another column to condence the list and get the appropriate quantity of supplies. If you need code strategy pm me and we can swap files to find a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back