Help with page setup before print preview

MikeGozna

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys
I would like some assistance with this problem please. I am a novice with VBA, so please try to keep it simple if you can.
I have a List box (ListboxSh) on sheet "Home", populated by a series of 'If' statements. (This part works fine.)
I then call a User form"PrintOptions" which holds some check boxes and 3 cmd. buttons, Customers, Admin, and Site. command buttons are coded as below to choose selected sheets from the list box and send them either to 'Print Preview or straight to print. (All this up to here works fine.)
This is the problem, each set of sheets is made up of the same sheets but is formatted differently. i.e. set1 i may be Portrait, Fit to pages wide 1 and zoom 80. it may have columns A to E Hidden =False, Whereas the sheets in set 2, although being the same sheets may be Landscape,Fit to pages wide 1 and Zoom 100. I may also like to Unhide some colums and maybe add some other page setup items.

The code below is what I am doing to get the selected sheets from my list box to my print preview / print screen.

My Question is what code do I need to implement the page setup changes and where in the code do I insert the new code. Please bear in mind that I may need to go backwards and forwards between the three sets of sheets,and therefore the formatting.
Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'      PRINT PREVIEW OF CUSTOMER SHEETS
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
 Unload Me

Dim i As Long, c As Long
Dim SheetArray() As String
    With ActiveSheet.ListBoxSh
        For i = 0 To .ListCount - 1
            If .Selected(i) Then
              ReDim Preserve SheetArray(c)
                SheetArray(c) = .List(i)
                c = c + 1
            End If
        Next i
        Sheets(SheetArray()).PrintPreview

ScreenUpdating = True
  End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hiding and unhiding rows or columns is not part of the page setup feature and would need to be done either manually or if in code by using If...Then statements with the criteria that determines which rows or columns hide/unhide and when. As for the changes to the sheet print parameters for orientation and zoom, you can do that from the Excel Print Preview window. there is a Page Setup button near the bottom that allows access to those features.

Upvote 0
Hi Mike

Have you posted this question on any other forums? If you have can you please kindly share with the us the links to those threads so that our members here can see what else has been suggested, or indeed if you receive a solution? We ask this of all members when cross-posting. If you have not cross-posted then please forgive my misunderstanding.

Regards
Jon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back