Help with pivot table - excluding some data?

eduller

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi - I'm by no means super great at excel or pivot tables. I know enough to create a basic table and that's pretty much it.

I'm trying to figure out how/if I can do this.

I have a spreadsheet with 5 tabs: raw data, Company A monthly summary, Company A yearly summary, Company B monthly summary, Company B yearly summary.

-The data for both companies is combined on the raw data tab.
-For the "Company A monthly summary" tab, I have a normal table (non-pivot) and have used slicers to exclude the Company B data. I have done the same for the "Company B monthly summary" tab.
-For both companies' "yearly summary "
--Is there a way to use the raw data tab to create a pivot table on each company's yearly tab that separates out just that company's specific data? I cannot just hide the data because I need to have counts and totals for each company separately.

I can just create completely separate spreadsheets, but I'm trying to find a way to have them on the same one to reduce the number of files I have to send out.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I use Office 365, but I'm sure that in Office 2010 you can link the slicer also to a pivot table; so you should be able to create a single pivot from the full table, then have separated view for company A and company B.
Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back