Help with positioning data!

duglazz

I work for a box office that sells tickets to events.

For my full season ticket holders, i wish to track their attendance by scanning in the stub of their ticket for each event.

I envision the first column being the customers name, the second column the unique seat identifier for that person's seat for the entire season. Each additional column will be the scanned in tickets for each game in the season. The barcode would be the same unique seat identifier, and i would be able to match them up visibly by moving the unique identifier to the same row. See example below. There are 5 season ticket holders, the second column is their seat for the season, and the 3rd and 4th column are the scanned barcodes from the first two games. On the first game, Jane and Tom showed up. In the bottom spreadsheet, it is easy to see that Tom is the best attender because his "5a" is easily viewable in the same row. I want the spreadsheet to sort things so that i can turn the top spreadsheet into the bottom, but i don't know how. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Doug

TOP SPREADSHEET

Doug 1a 2a 4a
Jane 2a 5a 5a
Bob 3a
Rick 4a
Tom 5a

BOTTOM SPREADSHEET

Doug 1a
Jane 2a 2a
Bob 3a
Rick 4a 4a
Tom 5a 5a 5a

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
may be just me, but i'm not following. could you post w/ colo's html maker (bottom of page). sounds interesting though.

Upvote 0
I have no idea how to use that add-in.

I have a table that looks like this

Doug - a1 - a3 - a2
John - a2 - a4 - a3
Jane - a3
Rick - a4

I want to move the data so that all of the "like" identifiers (a4, a3, etc) to be in the same row like shown below.

Doug - a1 - -
John - a2 - - a2
Jane - a3 - a3 - a3
Rick - a4 - a4 -

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
click here... http://cgi.members.interq.or.jp/sun.../soft/HtmlMakerLight1.11.zip&name=HtmlMakerLT ...to download. unzip and put in c:\windows\addins. in excel, go to Tools -> Add-ins... -> Browse -> C:\windows\addins\htmlmakerlight1.11 -> OK.

select range you wish to post to forum, click HTML Maker Light (on toolbar - top) -> click Generate tab -> click Generate -> click View Image -> click 'please click this button to send to source' (this copies to clipboard). now when you reply in here, right click -> paste.

about your info. what differentiates your row info? how does it get seperated? the end result desired?

Upvote 0
attendance spreadsheet.xls
ABCD
1Current
25/1/20045/2/2004
3Doug1a2a4a
4Jane2a5a5a
5Bob3a
6Rick4a
7Tom5a
9Desired
105/1/20045/2/2004
11Doug1a
12Jane2a2a
13Bob3a
14Rick4a4a
15Tom5a5a5a
Sheet2

Also, i'm getting this error every time i open excel and also when i try to access the html light.

"error referencing [vbide = vbe6ext.olb]" do you know how to get rid of it?

In the spreadsheet, i have attendance for the first two games - 5/1 and 5/2.

On 5/1, jane and tom showed up. When i use a barcode scanner and scan their tickets, i put the cell focus on the top cell. then i want to be able to resort all of those barcodes (2a, 5a) so that for each game they are on the same row as their owner.

Do you follow?

thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back