Help with Power Pivot - cannot show values in rows rather than columns

mb2409

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce a pivot table in Power Pivot to take advantage of the additional tools it offers. However, when creating the pivot table from Power Pivot and adding fields I cannot get the data sit in rows on top of each.

In my existing pivot table I add the field to the values section and it sums the data. I then end up with the Values field sitting in Row Labels.

Field_List.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This produces a pivot table which shows data like this in a vertical list.

Pivot_Table.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In Power Pivot I can only get these fields to list as Columns alongside each other.

Any suggestions? Do I need to do something differently with the data in Power Pivot?

Mark

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
In the PowerPivot field list, drag the Values button from the column area to the Row area.

Upvote 0
In the PowerPivot field list, drag the Values button from the column area to the Row area.

In my power pivot there isn't a Values button. I'm only given the 'Sum of NSV' which when I move across lists each individual value as a row name.

Power_Pivot_field_list_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0
What if you add another Value field?

Upvote 0
If you are talking about power view, I suggest that you go to the DESIGN menu and locate TABLE, click it and change to MATRIX. It will Display fields like VALUES, COLUMNS, ROWS and FILTER.

Thanks

Upvote 0
That is the one case you need the standard Pivot field list and not the PowerPivot Field list.

Right-click on you pivot table and select "show field list" and you will see the standard field list that has less fields than the PowerPivot filed list but it has a sum for the values that you can move between rows and columns.

Upvote 0
It must vary between PP versions then, because I have a 'ƩValues' field I can move in the PowerPivot field list in 2010.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back