Help with Print Areas

BBrandt

Board Regular
I'm having a bit of trouble getting Excel to play nice with the way I want a spreadsheet to print, stemming from a desire to have the print format look a bit different than the way it's displayed in Excel. The spreadsheet looks like this:
sheetinexcel.png

...and when I print it now, with the print areas defined so that the leftmost table is its own sheet, and then every subsequent two tables are grouped on one sheet, it prints like this:

howitprintsnow.png

...which is OK, but not great. The text comes out just a little bit small, and the logo is only on the second page. What I'd like to do is move the title block and logo to an area on the first page as such (forgive the horrible pixel-y ness, I'm limited to Paint for photo-manipulation at work):

howiwantit.png

The obvious answer would seem to be to just add a few columns to the left of the first table, but I DON'T want to change the format of the spreadsheet because of a number of macros that contain a large number of references to the columns that the tables fall in now.

Is it possible to reconfigure the way the spreadsheet prints as I described above? I've tried fooling around with print areas but whenever I set the logo and title block as their own print areas, they print on separate pages, not sharing the first page with the first table as shown above. I suspect there may be a VBA solution, but I'm not coming up with anything functional just yet.

Any ideas? Help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back