Help with riltering data from one sheet to multiple sheets.

Hayter

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi Everyone,

First post here and I am having a little issue with filtering some data.

We have an ICT Helpdesk platform and we have ran a report to show us all help desk tickets from the past 18 months. This has resulted in a good 10k of entries.

Our next goal would be trying to filter out these entries by topic. Eg, SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel. Our end goal is to spot trends in tickets so we can issue training and prevent these tickets coming back in.

So, I have created a sheet called Topic, which has a list of all the subjects we would like to filter out. Then a report sheet, which has all of the tickets. Inside that sheet we have two Columns i need to be able to search. The first one is "Summary" which is column "C" and the second is "Description" Column "D". If one of the search criteria is match i would like to copy that entire row which consists of Creation Date, Created by, Summary and Description, into a corresponding sheet for that particular issue.

I understand this is probably going to be some VB code required to run this but this a little bit above my skill set in coding.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Sorry for the Duplicate Post. As you can see there was a Typo in the title which i could not amend and I explained the issue in a bit more detail.

Upvote 0
Here is a link to an example of my current sheet. Basically i need a Macro to run and look at both the description and summary fields for keywords which can be found in the data keywords. If any of the keywords match i need the row copied into the relevant sheet. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back