Help with Search and Replace

lu90001

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello ya'll. Please see attached screenshot. I am needing to find the right script for what I am trying to do. Been looking and looking for this one but can't seem to be finding. Your help is and will be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to find and replace. On column A is my old pricing. Col. B is my identifier a.k.a part no. Col. C is my new pricing I need to replace it with. I need to perform a search and replace, meaning search for the old pricing and replace it with the new one when the identifier is available.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-26 144321.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-26 144321.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Lu
You can do a vlookup then replace formula with values?, or xlookup if you're using office 365.

Upvote 0
for something like this xlookup is your friend, it's a way of saying to excel, find this value in this list over here and give me the value in the cell in this column on the same row. Xlookup is a replacement for the old vlookup and will work better in your situation.

So first, make the xlookup formula:
column A is your old price and you don't want to keep it. Column C is your new price. Columns B and D are your identifiers as we assume they don't line up 100% accurately.

in a2 put the following:
Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP(B2,D:D,C:C,"",0,1)
then copy the formula through the entirity of column B.

breakdown: first argement is the value to find, next is the range to search in, then the range to return. the 0 says make an exact match, the 1 says look from the top of the list.

Upvote 0
for something like this xlookup is your friend, it's a way of saying to excel, find this value in this list over here and give me the value in the cell in this column on the same row. Xlookup is a replacement for the old vlookup and will work better in your situation.

So first, make the xlookup formula:
column A is your old price and you don't want to keep it. Column C is your new price. Columns B and D are your identifiers as we assume they don't line up 100% accurately.

in a2 put the following:
Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP(B2,D:D,C:C,"",0,1)
then copy the formula through the entirity of column B.

breakdown: first argement is the value to find, next is the range to search in, then the range to return. the 0 says make an exact match, the 1 says look from the top of the list.
Ok got it. But where will the new price be updated? What column?

Upvote 0
You will have the new prices in column a as you requested.
The next step is to copy col a and do paste special... values to take out the formula. Or copy columns a and b to wherever you want your price list

Upvote 0
Thank you for your input and dedicated help Rondeondo. What about IF on my new list of sku's that I want to compare, if on the B col is a sku but NOT on col d, I want to be able to add a 0 or another character so I can filter it out and only update on what is able to match up

Upvote 0
You will have the new prices in column a as you requested.
The next step is to copy col a and do paste special... values to take out the formula. Or copy columns a and b to wherever you want your price list
It's not quiet working 100%, but i'll be practicing...

Upvote 0
Thank you for your input and dedicated help Rondeondo. What about IF on my new list of sku's that I want to compare, if on the B col is a sku but NOT on col d, I want to be able to add a 0 or another character so I can filter it out and only update on what is able to match up
Hi Lu

if the value is not in the new data you'll get 0, sorry I incorrectly described the arguments for xlookup. I skipped the "" in =XLOOKUP(B2,D:D,C:C,"",0,1). The fourth argument is the result given if the searched value is not found, the "" will give you an empty cell. You can replace that with a 0 or "Not Found" as you require. Then filter for that value. or to exclude that value.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back