Help with setting up a dashboard

bcarp914

Alright guys/gals. Need some assistance with this one.
I am in the aircraft maintenance industry and we're constantly updating information as we adapt to the challenges thrown at us.
Our operations manager has an aircraft status sheet which he updates as changes happen, shifting priorities, as well as setting other man power requirements or schedule changes to. Our assistant has set up an excel sheet as a separate file to automatically fill in the pertinent details automatically based on the information he inputs in the respective cells. Everything there is just fine and works as advertised.

The intent is to have this file displayed as a live tracking status dashboard, ran on a stand alone computer connected to the network, in a separate building onsite. Once the file is opened/dashboard is launched, we would like it to reflect the current information that is put into the managers aircraft tracking sheet automatically.

One suggestion was to have the dashboard file saved as a html and to check the box to update workbook and republish after save. The issue I am having is I still cannot have the dashboard excel update any changes. Refreshing the web page after changes are made also does not make it display up to date info.

So my question to you creative geniuses, is, how can I get this sheet to be a true stand alone dashboard that after launch requires no input from anyone to retrieve the latest information. Ideally, we would want the sheet updated once every 10 minutes. 24/7

Some other information:
Excel 2013
At times the managers file that hosts the data may be open and being edited, so would display the "Read only" dialog box
The manager sheet is password protected.
I can successfully get the information on the dashboard file (non html version) to populate the correct information only after I open the managers file locally on my computer. This is not desirable for how we would like for the dashboard to run.

Please let me know if you need the file, or any other information.

Thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back