help with simple formula please

formratings

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
sorry guys this would be so simple to you but I can't figure it out, HOPE I have done this right
want cell in this case J33 to equal 10 unless cell I33 equals or more than I31 plus I32 then it would be 0
SelBetAutotest V11.xlsb
GHIJ
31balance220.8221
3220%
33target balance264.910
races
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I31:J31I31='Betting Assistant'!$I$2
I33I33=SUM(I31,(I31*I32))

thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Does this do what you want?

Excel Formula:
=10*(I33<I31*(1+I32))

Upvote 0
cheers Peter updated my account details I think
and sorry no that formula =10*(I33<I31*(1+I32)) didnt work
because the J33 needs to be 10 unless the condition is met and that formula when pasted is 0

Upvote 0
In that case can you explain just what you meant by this
more than I31 plus I32
In your example, I took that to mean I31 plus 20% of I31 = 220.8 + 20% * 220.8 = 264.96

You wanted 10 ..
unless cell I33 equals or more than I31 plus I32 then it would be 0

.. and since I33 (264.96) is equal to or greater than 264.96 I made the formula return 0.

What have I interpreted incorrectly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In that case can you explain just what you meant by this

In your example, I took that to mean I31 plus 20% of I31 = 264.96

You wanted 10 ..

.. and since I33 (264.96) is equal to or greater than 264.96 I made the formula return 0.

What have I interpreted incorrectly?
sorry Peter your formula was correct obviously when I pasted the forumla in the condition was met so would be 0
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
cheers dave

Upvote 0
Actually, I'm not sure my formula is what you want. Or more correctly, I'm not sure if you have asked the right question.

You have a formula in I33 that will make that cell always equal to I31 + I32 * I31 (after all, that is exactly what the formula in that cell says) so my formula will always return zero (unless there is a calculation rounding error somewhere).

BTW, thanks for updating your version details. (y)

Upvote 0
so the only thing I need to know now is once the trigger has been met is there a way of stopping it " reverting" if I33 goes back under the target, once passed the target want it to stay at 0 even it goes below the target

Upvote 0
How is I33 actually being populated?
It cannot be by the formula you showed in it before otherwise, as I have said already, it will never go below the target.

Upvote 0
I33 = I31*I32
I31 is populated from another sheet
That is different to the I33 formula you gave in post #1 so I am not sure I understand.
If I33 is =I31*I32 then I33 will always be less than I31 if I32 is less than 100% and greater than or equal to I31 if I32 is 100% or greater.
Perhaps you could explain again exactly what you have and what you want and give some more samples of data and expected results?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back