Help with Sort!

chrysti

Board Regular
I am having huge issues sorting! I am pulling all of my information into a cover sheet so everything is referencing another cells in some form or another, and when I go to sort my information by any given column all of my formulas got nuts, my information doesn't sort correctly and all of my formulas move to refernece the wrong things!!! HELP!!! Why won't my formulas stay put and why does my sheet not sort!!!

Thanks in advance for all of the help!
Chrysti

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
as to sorting, I would say check whether you're dealing with format issues, such as text or number.. sometimes a number may be a text for Excel.. and sorts differently..

as to references.. depends.. if, for example, you have 10 rows, A1 through A10 and then a sum in A11, after you sort them, if the value in A1 went to A5, then your sum formula in A11 may be referencing A5... so add another row in front of A1 and one after A10, and the formula in A13 should be Sum(A1:A12).. when you sort, make sure you sort only rows 2 through 11... then the formulas will stay..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back