Help with stock problem

anerak321

New Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
1
Here is the problem:
I am granted stocks on 10/10/03, 1000 shares. After one year, 25% of those shares are available. The remaining 75% are available in equal monthly installments during the remaining 3 years.

How do I use excel to calculate the available shares if the user enters today's day?
I have no idea how to start, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciately.
 

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
8,010
Office Version
  1. 365
Without actually doing the homework assignment for you, I can offer the friendly suggestion that the example in Excel help for VLOOKUP should help get you started.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
1,136,263
Messages
5,674,710
Members
419,521
Latest member
Jasonnie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Top