help with sumif(values on different tabs)

rcameron315

HI! I am not sure if this is possible. I have a spreadsheet that has a "weekly Summary" tab. I have the following formula in cell b2: =SUMIF('Doe,John'!B2:B53,Week,'Doe, John'!L2:L53)

on the weekly summary tab I have a list of employees in column A, the formula in column B, and another cell where I type the current week. There is also a tab for each employee to report their excluded time for productivity. So its looking at each tab and gathering the total in column L for the week I input.

I have to save a new copy of this spreadsheet for 2017 and am trying to find the easiest way to copy in the formulas on this summary tab. I tried just copying the tab over (from 2016 spreadsheet) and that doesn't work. I can correct each formula manually but is there a way to correct one and copy down with the data updating to look at the next tab?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
HI! I am not sure if this is possible. I have a spreadsheet that has a "weekly Summary" tab. I have the following formula in cell b2: =SUMIF('Doe,John'!B2:B53,Week,'Doe, John'!L2:L53)

on the weekly summary tab I have a list of employees in column A, the formula in column B, and another cell where I type the current week. There is also a tab for each employee to report their excluded time for productivity. So its looking at each tab and gathering the total in column L for the week I input.

I have to save a new copy of this spreadsheet for 2017 and am trying to find the easiest way to copy in the formulas on this summary tab. I tried just copying the tab over (from 2016 spreadsheet) and that doesn't work. I can correct each formula manually but is there a way to correct one and copy down with the data updating to look at the next tab?

Would it not work to saveas the file with a modified name, then delete the values that are manually entered. That should leave a basic template and you can then save that as your 2017 file. Your original file should stay intact on your hard drive as with the data as it was when last saved before the SaveAs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back