McNeil87

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello!

Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True, IF(AH2=TRUE,TRUE,FALSE),TRUE). The result brings True, but it actually needs to be False (for this specific case). Am I missing a 'False' statement after the first logical test? Any recommendations how I should write this would be great. All the data returns True, and that is not correct.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2019-12-09_15h33_55.png
    2019-12-09_15h33_55.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 21
Both cells AG and AH cannot be blank = if it will happen you'll get #VALUE!
if you don't want to see error, use =IFERROR(NOT(OR(AG2,AH2)),"")
or =IF(OR(ISBLANK(AG2),ISBLANK(AH2)),"",NOT(OR(AG2,AH2)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Cell AG is a contract , and AH is a program.. So, IF Cell AG is a contract and part of a program, then return True. If Cell AG (contract) is a contract, BUT not part of a program, then return 'False.' IF AG is not a contract, and is not part of a program, return False.
I am confused by your wording, because if AG is "a contract," it is not a TRUE/FALSE value. Do you mean that AG is TRUE when something is a contract, and FALSE if it is not? And AH is TRUE if something is part of a program and FALSE if not?

Can it not be a contract, but still be part of a program? That is, is it possible for AG to be FALSE and AH to be TRUE?

If AG and AH do not show just TRUE or FALSE values, then what is in them?

Upvote 0
Hi, I fig
I am confused by your wording, because if AG is "a contract," it is not a TRUE/FALSE value. Do you mean that AG is TRUE when something is a contract, and FALSE if it is not? And AH is TRUE if something is part of a program and FALSE if not?

Can it not be a contract, but still be part of a program? That is, is it possible for AG to be FALSE and AH to be TRUE?

If AG and AH do not show just TRUE or FALSE values, then what is in them?

Hi! I figured it out... I had to put quotes around the "True" and "False" because it was text and not values.

I guess I am confused how to know when to know to use quotes around True and False statements vs when not to. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back