Help with using VBA to copy and paste data to other worksheets based on criteria

harkin123

Hello, its my first time posting on here so sorry if i am a bit slow.

A bit of back round, Im looking to create a reporting framework within excel using data exported from my project management software. The exporting of the data is easy as there is a funtion to do this within the application however what I am struggling to do is to get the data sorted from the master sheet into multiple seperate sheets based on text in particular columns.

I have 8 sheets within this wookbook-

1. "Import Data"
2. "NSSR"
3. "Projects"
4. "Un-worked"
5. "Active Inbox"
6. "Dashboard"
7. "Opened this Month"
8. "Closed"

I will export the data into the "Import Data" sheet and from there I am hoping to create a funtion which will automatically copy and paste the data into the relevant sheets based on criteria in certain columns.

For the "NSSR" sheet I would like all the data in the "Import Data" sheet to be copy and pasted into it as long as it says "NSSR" in column G or if it says "Awaiting Functional Approval", "Awaiting Estimate", "Estimate", "Estimate Issued", "Budget Approved", "Active" or "Rejected" in column E.

For the "Project's" sheet I would like all the data in the "Import Data" sheet to be copy and pasted into it as long as it says "Req Brief", "Sponser Approval", "Portfolio Board" or "BTRD" in column G.

For the "Un-worked" sheet I would like all the data in the "Import Data" sheet to be copy and pasted into it as long as it says "Registered" in column E.

For the "Active Inbox" sheet I would like all the data in the "Import Data" sheet to be copy and pasted in as long as it doesnt say "Closed", "Awaiting Functional Approval", "Awaiting Estimate", "Budget Approved" or "Active" in column E.

The Dashboard tab I can do using the countif function.

For the "Opened this Month" sheet I would like all the data in the "Import Data" sheet to be copy and pasted in regards of what it says in column E or G however the date in column F must be of the current month. (I dont know if this is possible but it would be fantastic if it is)

For the "Closed" sheet I would like all the data from the "Import Data" sheet copy and pasted in as long as it says "Closed" in column E.

I think that is everything covered, the plan is to have all those functions in code in VBA then create a button which I know how to do then when the data is imported into the workbook I can just press the button and all the data will be sorted into the individual worksheets.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be fantastic, everything I have tried so far has not worked (I even ended up creating a loop virus by accident crashing excel):LOL:

Very many thanks

Adam

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back