Help with VBA code please

senpai

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear All,

I need help with VBA code. So following is what i want to achieve.
  1. I have data in column A starting from A2. The number of row changes everyday. Suppose, on Monday there were 5000 row, on Tuesday it can be either 5500 or 4327. So its not fixed.
  2. Column B has formula in B2. Formula is ="T"&A2
  3. The code should extend formula in column B till the last row corresponding to last row of column A.
For example, if last row in A is 2000 then B2="T"&A2000, if last row in A is 5000 then B5000="T"&A5000

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
If you convert your Data into an Excel Table, you don't need VBA to do what you are trying to do.
Steps:
  • Select any cell in your data range
  • Either Insert > Table (3rd button from the left
    OR
    Ctrl + T
  • Click on the tab Table Design and in the white box on the far left give the table a meaningful name
    (I like to have a prefix such as tbl_ so that later when I can't remember the name I just need to type in tbl and I get all my tables)
  • Ideally change your formula to use Table Structured referencing by in row A column B type ="T"& then click on the cell in column A,
If you start with Column B empty the formula will automatically populate all the way down and will continue to do so whenever you add new rows.
If B is not empty, copy it down the first time and as above it will continue to automatically populate in the future

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Help with vba code please - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the quick response.
Making table is not feasible. Let me explain in more detail what I am doing. I am copying an excel sheet from different workbook to macro and renaming the copied sheet automatically to Sheet2. Then copying different columns from "Sheet2" and pasting it in different columns in Sheet1. After this is executed I want to achieve what i asked in question. Here is my complete code:
VBA Code:
Sub OPOR()
Dim lRow As String
        MsgBox "Select OPOR vs Price Book file"
        fName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Select OPOR vs Price Book File", Filefilter:="Excel Files(*.xls*),*xls*")
        If fName <> False Then
        Set wb = Workbooks.Open(fName)
        End If
        Sheets("Sheet1").Copy After:=Workbooks("macro.xlsm").Sheets(Workbooks("macro.xlsm").Sheets.Count)
        ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet" & Sheets.Count
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A4:A6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("D4:F6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("H4:I6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("J4:J6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("M4:S6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("J5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("V4:V6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("Q5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("Y4:Y6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("R5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("AW4:AW6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("AA5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("BA4:BB6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("AG5")
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("BD4:BD6500").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("AI5")
        Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Range("G5").Select
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=""T""&RC[-1]"

Range("F5").Select
        Selection.End(xlDown).Select
        Range("lrow").Select
        Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select
        Selection.FillDown
        Selection.Copy
        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
            :=False, Transpose:=False
            wb.Close False

End Sub

I tried to execute it with following code but it didn't work:
VBA Code:
 Range("G5").Select

Range("F5").Select
        Range("lrow").Select
        Selection.FillDown
        Selection.Copy

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Help with vba code please - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Sure Rory
I don't see the option to edit my post now :( Is there any way i can do it now?

Upvote 0
I've added the link in my post - unless there are more, in which case add them in a new post.

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
Range("G5").Select

Range("F5").Select
        Range("lrow").Select
        Selection.FillDown
        Selection.Copy

Can you confirm that you are wanting a formula in column G that fills down ="T"&F5 and then converts column G from being a formula to a hardcoded value ?

Upvote 0
Can you confirm that you are wanting a formula in column G that fills down ="T"&F5 and then converts column G from being a formula to a hardcoded value ?

I have assumed what I asked you to confirm as being the case, so you want to replace the code you referred to in:-
(from Range("G5").Select TO Selection.PasteSpecial )

with the below and let me know if it works for you.

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim lastRow As Long

lastRow = Range("F5").End(xlDown).Row

Set rng = Range("G5:G" & lastRow)

rng.Formula = "=" & """" & "T" & """" & " & " & Range("F5").Address(False, False)
    rng.Value = rng.Value

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back