Bragato

So, I made this:

Public Function SOMAMENORES(Intervalo As Range, Menores As Integer) As Double
SOMAMENORES = 0
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
Dim MenoresAssistant As Integer
MenoresAssistant = Menores + 1

<code style="font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace; font-size: 1em; overflow: auto; tab-size: 4; background: rgb(249, 249, 249); word-wrap: normal; display: block; padding: 5px 10px; max-height: 500px;">Do Until i = MenoresAssistant

SOMAMENORES = SOMAMENORES + Application.WorksheetFunction.Small(Intervalo, i)
i = i + 1

Loop
</code>
End Function

It creates a SUM of a limited smaller numbers from a range. For example =somamenores({1,2,3,4},3) results in 6
It works perfectly when I type =SOMAMENORES(...... in Excel, BUT, when I use this code:

Sub fbkestatistico()
'this sub calculates G5

LinhaMediaCria = 25
Range("G5").Select
ActiveCell.Value = "=IFERROR((2*SOMAMENORES(D13:D" & LinhaMediaCria - 1 & ",C9-1)/(C9-1))-SMALL(D13:D" & LinhaMediaCria - 1 & ",C9),"""")"

End Sub

I get the Excel error 1004: Unable to get Small property of the WorksheetFunction class

Tried using Evaluate instead of WorksheetFunction with the code below, but the function didn't work.
Public Function SOMAMENORES(Intervalo As Range, Menores As Integer) As Double

SOMAMENORES = 0
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
Dim MenoresAssistant As Integer
MenoresAssistant = Menores + 1

Do Until i = MenoresAssistant

'SOMAMENORES = SOMAMENORES + Application.WorksheetFunction.Small(Intervalo, i)
SOMAMENORES = SOMAMENORES + Evaluate("SMALL(" & Intervalo & "," & i & ")")
i = i + 1

Loop

End Function

So, how can I fix this?
What am I doing wrong?
How can I make it work?

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
The C9 would have to equate to an integer value for the Small function to work properly. That parameter determines the ranking of the value to be returned. eg. if you want the smallest value the parameter would be 1. If the array or range being evaluated has 10 items and you want the fourth smallest, then that parameter would be 4. So if C9 is not equated to an integer value, you get an error.

Upvote 0
The C9 would have to equate to an integer value for the Small function to work properly. That parameter determines the ranking of the value to be returned. eg. if you want the smallest value the parameter would be 1. If the array or range being evaluated has 10 items and you want the fourth smallest, then that parameter would be 4. So if C9 is not equated to an integer value, you get an error.

Oh god yes, your answer led me to the problem. Thanks a lot!

In the begining of all the macros that are run by changing one cell, I had Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual and by the end ...xlCalculationAutomatic, BUT, the macro fbkestatistico was trying to run with xlCalculationManual and so the C9 was a "?" on the sheet from a formula, after it all ends the "?" changes to a number. And so, with the C9 = ? the macro had that error. All I had to do was remove the Application.Calculation statement and it worked beautifuly.

Upvote 0
Oh god yes, your answer led me to the problem. Thanks a lot!

In the begining of all the macros that are run by changing one cell, I had Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual and by the end ...xlCalculationAutomatic, BUT, the macro fbkestatistico was trying to run with xlCalculationManual and so the C9 was a "?" on the sheet from a formula, after it all ends the "?" changes to a number. And so, with the C9 = ? the macro had that error. All I had to do was remove the Application.Calculation statement and it worked beautifuly.

You're welcome,
regards, JLG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back