Help with VBA sub that will copy rows from one worksheet to specific rows on another worksheet based on 2 cell criteria

Suilenroc

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings!

I am looking for a way to copy a row from one worksheet to another based on 2 cell criteria.

I have a workbook where several people make entries into an "Overall Data" worksheet and a macro copies the rows of the "Overall Data" sheet to each users individual worksheet, based on the name they enter into Column C on the "Overall Data" sheet. I have a "login" sub written as well so that the only worksheet visible to the user is their individual worksheet.

The users will make changes to data on their individual worksheets and I am needing a sub that will copy the changes they made to the entries on their worksheets back to the "overall data" worksheet.

The issue I am having is that on the "Overall Data" worksheet, their entries that will be copied to their individual worksheets are not in a particular order. On the "Overall Data" sheet, their entries could be in any row depending on the order it was submitted. On their individual worksheets it will always copy to the next available row, meaning that while the entry may be in row 5 on the "overall data" sheet, it could be in row 2,3,4,5,6 etc. on their individual sheets.

I am thinking that it may be possible to write a sub that identifies 2 cell criteria on both sheets (Column A and C on both the Overall Data sheet and the individual sheets will always be a unique pairing) and then then macro can find those matching cell criteria and then copy the data from the individual worksheets row that has the matching column criteria with the row on the overall data sheet. However I am very new with VBA and do not know how to write such a sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your Overall Data sheet and at least one individual sheet. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back