help with workbook-wide cell formatting

ghendi

Good day,

I have been looking for a solution existing on the forums but have come up empty handed.
I am looking for VBA code (from my understanding) in order to replace all cells within worksheets of my choosing with a different format, and vice-versa.

Detail: I have financials and models spread across the workbook covering more than a dozen worksheets. The company being modeled is European (using the Euro). It also has a base of operations in the USA. On the 1st worksheet ("COVER") I have set up a drop down selection to choose either € or $ (in cell $N$6). There is a second drop down list to choose expressed units (Millions, Thousands, Singles) in cell $N$8. I have the cell formatting used here:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]_($* #,##0.0_);_($* (#,##0.0);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)         —Used for top-line items ($, Singles)
[*]_(€* #,##0.0_);_(€* (#,##0.0);_(€* "-"??_);_(@_)         —Used for top-line items (€, Singles)
[*]_(#,##0.0_);_((#,##0.0);_("-"??_);_(@_)                  —Used for mid-line items (Singles)
[*]_($* #,##0.0,_);_($* (#,##0.0,);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)       —Used for top-line items ($, Thousands)
[*]_(€* #,##0.0,_);_(€* (#,##0.0,);_(€* "-"??_);_(@_)       —Used for top-line items (€, Thousands)
[*]_(#,##0.0,_);_((#,##0.0,);_("-"??_);_(@_)                —Used for mid-line items (Thousands)
[*]_($* #,##0.0,,_);_($* (#,##0.0,,);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)     —Used for top-line items ($, Millions)
[*]_(€* #,##0.0,,_);_(€* (#,##0.0,,);_(€* "-"??_);_(@_)     —Used for top-line items (€, Millions)
[*]_(#,##0.0,,_);_((#,##0.0,,);_("-"??_);_(@_)              —Used for mid-line items (Millions)
[/LIST]
Continued Detail: I have 2 cells ($S$6 and $S$7) on the COVER worksheet that have daily updated currency conversions. $S$6 is USD to Euro and $S$7 is Euro to USD. Based on the Expressed Units ($N$8), the Currency selected ($N$6), and it's respective conversion factor ($S$6 or $S$7) I am hoping the VBA code would scan all desired worksheets for cells containing a format previously listed above and convert it to the desired format, based on the criteria options on the COVER worksheet. If it's simple enough to understand, I could go into the VBA code to where the desired worksheets are listed and add/remove worksheets as needed. Or if possible, I could create a column list on the COVER worksheet starting from $L$12 (going down) with the exact names of the worksheets desired.

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back