Help writing code: SaveAs with dialog box visible and undo vba code to specific point in form flow

DigitalDingers

Hi all - have a very unique request. I need code that executes the following, can someone help me?

Backdrop - my form file has code in it that hide sheets upon open as well as clears out radio buttons and input cells. As progression through the form is achieved certain code is triggered to show the next sheet allowing user to input form data.

What I'd like to solve for is an instance where user needs to stop input flow at any given point in the process, press a button (with macro link) that retains form intake progress to said point but does not change vba code that has not otherwise been triggered... and then prompt SaveAs dialog box saving as xlsm file type.

This way when the file is reopened user can pick up right where they left off without being able to access what is to come.

Can anyone write this code? I've attempted many times and am simply stumped.

Thx - DigitalDingers

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
What have you tried?

Getting a SaveAs dialog is straightforward, all you need is Application.GetSaveAsFilename.

You would then follow that with code to save the file with the selected name in the selected location and then close the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back