help

jesperswhisper

Trying to work out a monthly commission so that when a date of invoice is paid the commission due is posted to that month only.Any suggestions

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi - welcome to the board!

My suggestion would be to be more explicit about your problem - describe the data you have, the calculation you want performed & the expected result. give a detailed example.

more info please!

paddy

Upvote 0
Sorry im new to this
A sale is made and a % of the gross profit is commission but only paid when the invoice is paid is there a way that when the date of payment is made that the commision figure for the current month is
Worked out.These are the headings i currently have it works all commisions out for me but is it possible that when a date is entered that that would total in new columns relating to months.
Hope some one can make sense of that.
DATE
ACC
NAME
DATE PAID
SALES ORDER
DEL NOTE
INVOICE COST
RETAIL
GROSS PROFIT
GROSS PROFIT%
COMMISION DUE

Upvote 0
OK - that's a bit more soecific, but I'm still not clear on exactly what you need here (remember that it's 3:30 in the morning wher I am, so that might be entirely my fault!). do you mean by:

"A sale is made and a % of the gross profit is commission but only paid when the invoice is paid is there a way that when the date of payment is made that the commision figure for the current month is
Worked out."

If(monthof_invoice_date_paid+thismonth, then calculate cumulative commision)...

or something like that?

a detailed example would include at least your starting data & the expected result, not just a schematic of the fields...

paddy

Upvote 0
Paddy thanks for the answers sorry im being dumb.
i need to know how much commission to pay each month as the invices are being paid. some customers take months to pay.so im trying to get the spreadsheet to work out how much commission to pay each month on sales made months ago. Sorry im not explaining this very well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back