Help!!

SarahBear

I've been looking at this all week but whatever I try seems to come up with an error. I asked a question around the same form a couple of weeks but in true management style they now want it to do something different!!

There are two sets of questions on the form. On one side I have a list of 15 questions, all of which are mandatory so if any of them are marked as a 'No' the overall score will be a fail.

On the other side I have a list of 4 questions. These are technical and soft skill questions. If one of the questions is marked as a 'No' but the mandatory side is a pass then the score would be 'Requires Attention'. If two are marked as a 'No' but the mandatory side is a pass then the score would be 'Requires Development'. If 3 or more are marked as a 'No' with the mandatory score as a pass then the overall score would be a fail. As mentioned if there are any questions marked as a 'No' on the mandatory side it would be a fail regardless of whether all the technical/soft skills were a pass.

I've got this on the mandatory side - =IF(F30=15,"Pass","Fail") and this on the technical/soft skill side - =IF(M17<2,"Fail",IF(M17=3,"Requires Attention",IF(M17=2,"Requires Development","Pass"))) but am completely stuck on how to bring them both together to get an overall result.

Any help greatly appreciated!

I've tried =IF(AND..... but just seem to get an error every single time and it's driving me mad as I know that there must be a way of doing it!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(F30=15,"Pass","Fail")[/COLOR]
This is in cell A1 for my example
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(M17<2,"Fail",IF(M17=3,"Requires Attention",IF(M17=2,"Requires Development","Pass")))[/COLOR]
This is in cell A2 for my example
Code:
=IF(A1 = "Pass",A2, A1)

Upvote 0
Maybe, if F30 and M17 both count Yes answers, ...

=IF(F30<15, "Fail", LOOKUP(M17, {0,1,2,3,4}, {"Fail","Requires Development","Requires Attention","Pass"}))

Upvote 0
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(F30=15,"Pass","Fail")[/COLOR]
This is in cell A1 for my example
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(M17<2,"Fail",IF(M17=3,"Requires Attention",IF(M17=2,"Requires Development","Pass")))[/COLOR]
This is in cell A2 for my example
Code:
=IF(A1 = "Pass",A2, A1)

Ooooh, this works perfectly, thank you! It didn't even occur to me to reference the cells that the other formulas were sitting in.

Thank you! :)

Upvote 0
Maybe, if F30 and M17 both count Yes answers, ...

=IF(F30<15, "Fail", LOOKUP(M17, {0,1,2,3,4}, {"Fail","Requires Development","Requires Attention","Pass"}))

NeonRedSharpie's one works perfectly but I'll give this a try as well - always good to have options! Thank you! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back