helping with countif

zzseguin

New and in need of help..i have a formula that counts the "N" 's in a row of 9 cells. Each cell carries an equal weight of .55 giving a total accumulated of a possible 5 points. Each .55 is subtracted from the 5 point total leaving the end score. i have this figured out using a fairly simple countif statement.

Now i need to do basically the same thing with one of those cells carrying a weight of 1 full point and distribute the remaining possible points accross the row still looking at a possible 5 point total. If there is an "N" in that 1 point weighted cell, the end score is reported as a 0 representing a failing grade. If there is not a "N" in that cell, the score represents the count of the .5 point weight in the 8 cells and the 1 point in the one cell. Hope this makes sense, i know i'm confused. Thanks for any help!

Zen

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I am not getting the point. Can you upload picture of your table? You want to round some number in certain cells? OR it is a string, and you need a letter from it...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back