Here are 30 reasons why you should be considering Power BI

KJP0422

Could someone out there write a book or something that shows you an Excel Function and what its DAX Counterpart is! I would buy it immediately

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
The software products are not the same. Where the language is the same they have used the same function name. eg SUM(). Where the language is different, there is a new name eg CALCULATE(). My advice is that a quick reference guide is not a substitute for learning Power Pivot from the beginning. If you learn from the beginning (reading my book or some other book), then by the time you are done you won't need the reference guide. If you were able to find a reference guide, you would get to a point (at some stage) where you no longer understand what is going on and you have to read the DAX book anyway. I have taught thousands of people the DAX language. Trust me, you need to start from the beginning at some stage, so why not now?

KJP0422

Hi Matt,

I understand your comments and I am in the process of learning all of it...... It would be so nice though to see similar functionality listed side by side in example: VLOOKUP then the DAX Function. Those of us who are out in the fields don't have the time to go through and do the research.

Just my humble opinion. Take it for what's it worth (maybe I will create one and post it)

Thanks for responding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WPO

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics