here's what i am trying to do

enoch5939

I am sure that this has been covered, but whenever I try and search for something, I get a time out error, so I am sorry if this has been posted before.

I have found many many articles and references about what I am trying to do, but I guess I just can't seem to figure it out.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Column G is where I list emails. When I currently click on Column G it will open an outlook new mail message.

but there's nothing there, I have to add everything... What I am trying to figure out, is how to get populate 'other' cell information into the email, plus have a "default" message body all ready to go, so all i have to do is hit sent.

in the subject I want to populate columns c,d,e, with their corresponding Heading title in front of each of them.

In the body, I just need the Persons name from column b, and then the default message.

I really hope this makes sense. If anyone can help me, and explain to me in simple terms .. I would most appriciate it :) ...

James

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
yeah, that didn't do anything for me ... sorry ...

What do you mean? You got an error (which one?) ? It isn't applicable to your problem? You're not using Outlook? You need it to do something it's not doing? You're not sure how to adjust the formula to your information? What is the exact formula you tried?

We need a little more to help you correct the issue you're having...

Upvote 0
Well, first off, the link you sent me to, doesn't show "where" to put the code... do i put it in a cell... what do i do with it ... ??? I assumed I should copy and paste it to to a cell... but all it does it pastes the code and gets rid of my data ... is this code vba... ??? I dunno ...

Norie,

yes I have looked at and tried to make those work... but it all complicated and I just can't get it to work... I was hoping there was a simplar when to do it all...

Upvote 0
I've not looked at the site for some time but as far as I can recall it's pretty straightforward.:)

What have you tried?

Upvote 0
How did you try them?

How didn't they work?

Do you have any code?

Upvote 0
k, this is the code so far that i have... the parts that have my explaination in them are the parts that don't work ... I don't know how to reference the specific cells so that the information will appear in the apporiate field...
Do this help to explain???

Sub email()
'You must add a reference to the Microsoft outlook Library
Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application
Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem
Dim strbody As String

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
strbody = "[This should reference the cell with the persons name] The column is B" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"message here"

With OutMail
.To = "this should be send to the address i click on in Column G"
.Subject = "Should reference Columns c, d, and e" I can add the headers for each of them "
.Body = strbody
.Display 'or use .Display
End With

Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back