Hide Formulas when others will know the protected password

HobbesIsReal

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am creating a spreadsheet that I will be sharing with another company that will cross reference both of lines of products. I want to hide the formulas I developed but at least a few employees at the other company will have the password for the protected spreadsheet as well.

Is there a way to hide the formulas from those that have the protected password as well?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I think you will only be able to do that by running the formulas via VBA then converting the formulas back to values in the workbook

Upvote 0
I am not the best at writing original VBA. Some of my formulas are several layers deep If statements that include xlookups and various rounding criteria. Is there a formula to VBA tool that could translate a formula to VBA?

Upvote 0
Most times aformula is pretty straightforward the same....but any quotes within a formula need to be doubled with VBA.
Maybe post a couple fo formulas so we can take a look

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Hide Formulas when others will know the protected password
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back