Hide Row/Column Headers on Each Sheet

throtmorton

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm trying to make a simple macro to let the user hide row and column headers throughout the active workbook.

Here's what I came up with, and I've tried variations on the theme, but it only does the active sheet and won't cycle through to the others. Searched to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

Code:
Public Sub RowColumnHeaders()
Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False

Next ws

End Sub

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
throtmorton

Try this modification:

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> RowColumnHeaders()
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet
    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    ws.Activate
    ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> ws
    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0
Not a code person, but I got this from recording. I just grouped the sheets and then selected the option not to display column and row headers. The last bit ungrouped the sheets.
Code:
Sub Macro5()

Sheets.Select
    ActiveSheet.Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hmm, I used your coding on a two-sheet workbook with a heading in the first three cells of each sheet, as well as a header in each sheet, ran the macro multple times, and couldn't detect any changes to any of the two worksheets. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Hmm, I used your coding on a two-sheet workbook with a heading in the first three cells of each sheet, as well as a header in each sheet, ran the macro multple times, and couldn't detect any changes to any of the two worksheets. What am I doing wrong?

The headers refered to here are the A, B, C, ..... at the top of each column, and the 1, 2, 3..... beside each row. You can see the option by going to Tools>Options and then choose the View tab. The option is toward the bottom. HTH clear things up for you.

Upvote 0
Peter,

Yes, that works, thanks.

Is there also a way to come back to the current sheet? Right now, it cycles through and ends up at the farthest tab on the right.

Thanks,

Paul

Upvote 0
Assuming you mean the A,B,C... column headers and the 1,2,3...row numbers :-

Code:
Public Sub RowColumnHeaders()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
Sheets.Select
ws.Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Boller,

Thanks, but I seem to run into trouble with that code. If I use it in "This Workbook," I get the message "400." If I place it in a Module, I get Runtime 1004 error, and "Method 'Select' of 'Sheets' Failed"

Paul

Upvote 0
throtmorton:

Yes, I now see what you were describing, and I got the same problem as you, that is, only the active sheet would not display the A, B, C and 1, 2, 3 headings.

But, I see that Peter's good code did the trick!:)

Upvote 0
Peter,

Yes, that works, thanks.

Is there also a way to come back to the current sheet? Right now, it cycles through and ends up at the farthest tab on the right.

Thanks,

Paul
try this:

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> RowColumnHeaders()
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> CurrentSheet <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet
    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    ws.Activate
    ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> ws
    CurrentSheet.Activate
    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back