Hide rows in a sheet according to selections on another sheet

caet_

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!
First of all, wishes of a Happy New Year!

I am new to VBA and I'd like to ask for some help.

In sheet 1, there are several options that one can choose (A, B, C and D). More than option can be choosen.

After that, I would like that in sheet2, only the choices made in sheet1 appear in sheet 2.

For example, let's say I choose A and C on sheet 1. Rows 6 and 8 should be hidden and so on (the row 4 needs to be always visible).

Sheet 1:
question.xlsx
ABCDEF
2AAFALSE0
3BBFALSE0
4CCFALSE0
5DDFALSE0
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E2:E5E2=+IF(D2=TRUE,1,0)

Sheet 2:

question.xlsx
ABCDEFG
2Product
4X (Common to all)
5A
6B
7C
8D
Sheet 2

Thank you a lot!

Th

Please explain, what does "not working properly" mean ?
As per my testing in your attached attempt you have 4 checked checkboxes so to me this means: non rows showing in Part2.
Manually unhide the rows in Part2, uncheck some checkboxes in Part1 and then go back to Part2. Isn't this what you are asking for ?
Perhaps I haven't explained it right. 4 checked checkboxes would be every row to be shown in Part2.
And I would like the code to work automatically (without needing to manually unhiding).
For exemple, if I check Product A,B,C in Part1; the rows for A,B,C should be showed in Part2. I don't know if it is possible.
Sorry if I was not clear

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
It's just the other way around, so, reverse the condition when comparing: from True to False, like this:
VBA Code:
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D2") = False Then .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D3") = False Then .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D4") = False Then .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D5") = False Then .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = True
So, what happens once the rows are hidden, are they to stay hidden or when you uncheck a checkbox they are to automatically to show again in Part2 ?

Upvote 0
It's just the other way around, so, reverse the condition when comparing: from True to False, like this:
VBA Code:
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D2") = False Then .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D3") = False Then .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D4") = False Then .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = True
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D5") = False Then .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = True
So, what happens once the rows are hidden, are they to stay hidden or when you uncheck a checkbox they are to automatically to show again in Part2 ?
When I uncheck a checkbox I would like them to automatically show again in Part 2
What happens now is when I uncheck/check again, it does not update in Part2 (only sometimes). I don't undertstand why.
Most recente attempt: questionA.xlsm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have a try changing these lines of code like this:
VBA Code:
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D2") = False Then .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D3") = False Then .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D4") = False Then .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D5") = False Then .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = False

Upvote 0
Solution
Have a try changing these lines of code like this:
VBA Code:
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D2") = False Then .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("5").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D3") = False Then .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("6").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D4") = False Then .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("7").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Sheets("Part1").Range("D5") = False Then .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows("8").EntireRow.Hidden = False
Works perfectly! ?Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Glad having been of some help :).
Now you can cut down this part of the macro like this:
VBA Code:
With Sheets("Part2")
    For x = 2 To 5
        If Sheets("Part1").Range("D" & x) = False Then .Rows(x + 3).EntireRow.Hidden = True Else .Rows(x + 3).EntireRow.Hidden = False
    Next x
End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back