Hide Tabs Based on the Choice of Multiple Items from Drop Down List

knopp

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a question regarding how to hide multiple sheets based on a user's selection from a drop down list. My spreadsheet has around 60 tabs (the sample only shows 30) and only 15-30 of these will be in use for a project. I would like the user to be able to use the drop down list to select which tabs they would like for the project and hide the rest.

I have attached an image of my attempt at solving this problem in VBA, however the code does not allow for multiple selections and is not hiding the correct sheets. I also attached images of the drop-down list and range it is pulling from.

Does anyone know the solution to this issue? I have tried a lot of things but have not been successful. Any help would be much appreciated!
1634837423238.png
1634837547629.png

1634837615793.png

Attachments

• 1634837569928.png
    1634837569928.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 38

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Hide Tabs Based on the choice of Multiple Items from Drop Down List
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Hide Tabs Based on the choice of Multiple Items from Drop Down List
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Should I delete this post?

Upvote 0
No need to delete the post, just in future supply the links if you cross post again.

Upvote 0
Not really, I seldom use controls on a sheet, I prefer to use userforms instead.

Upvote 0
Yes it could be, using a multiselect listbox, rather than a combobox.

Upvote 0
Yes it could be, using a multiselect listbox, rather than a combobox.
Thank you so much!! The listbox worked great!! I combined it with my formula above and it worked perfectly!! Thank you again!

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back