Hide / Unhide Pivot table Data Items

hoppermr2004

I have multiple data items in my pivot table. If I click on the grey 'Data' tab drop down, I can hide data fields that I don't wish to view by unticking them (this shouldn't be confused with hiding row or column data fields although the effect is the same).

The equivalent VBA command would be :-

Sheet1.PivotFields("Sum of No Records").Orientation = xlHidden

If I wish to unhide a data field hiden in this way, that item is no longer in the data field drop down box. Effectively the pivot table has removed the data field from the pivot rather than hidden it.

Is there any way to effectivly 'hide' and then 'unhide' data items without having to drag the data field back into the pivot?

Thanks dudes :ROFLMAO:

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Thanks MVP - that worked fine.

Might be getting greedy here but can you specify the order of the data field?
Something like?

ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("No Records").Orientation.Order = 1

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Hopefully someone will get an update on this thread. I'm a programmer, but relatively new to Excel vba. I tried entering the following:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("FNAME").Orientation = xlDataField
End Sub

To rebuild the pivot table whenever it is activated, however, if the field is already visible, Excel creates a second field named "FNAME2", "FNAME3", ... How can I only set this if the field doesn't exist? I'm sure this is a basic question, but I haven't come up with an answer after many searches.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hopefully someone will get an update on this thread. I'm a programmer, but relatively new to Excel vba. I tried entering the following:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("FNAME").Orientation = xlDataField
End Sub

To rebuild the pivot table whenever it is activated, however, if the field is already visible, Excel creates a second field named "FNAME2", "FNAME3", ... How can I only set this if the field doesn't exist? I'm sure this is a basic question, but I haven't come up with an answer after many searches.

Thanks
did you manage to resolve this? if so how?

Upvote 0
I can't reproduce that behaviour in Excel 2003. Can you post a small sample of your data?
Hi Mr Poulsom, wonder if you've got a possible solution to this ? i'm using Office365, encountering the same issue.
I'd like to ideally hide all the columns before rerunning a macro to show one specific column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back