Hide #VALUE! - Is it possible?

CasperA

Board Regular
Is it possible in hide the display of the characters #VALUE! in those cells that do not yet display the result of a formula?

CA

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
The =iferror(your formula,"")

Is an actual Formula, it first check for errors in the result of your formula and if your all good then it will return the formula otherwise it will return "" <--- (blank text)

Upvote 0

Is an actual Formula, it first check for errors in the result of your formula and if your all good then it will return the formula otherwise it will return "" <--- (blank text)

Thank you again, so if I understand it correctly I should replace the words 'your formula' with the formula that I use in the column that I wish to to be processed and use this new formula instead of the old one in the cells of that column?

CA

Upvote 0
Try

=iferror(your formula,"")

If the formula in B1 is =(A1) and I replace it by =iferror(=(A1),"") I receive an error message. What am I doing wrong here? I replaced 'ýour formula' by =(A1), which is my formula.

?

CasperA

Upvote 0

If the formula in B1 is =(A1) and I replace it by =iferror(=(A1),"") I receive an error message. What am I doing wrong here? I replaced 'ýour formula' by =(A1), which is my formula.

?

CasperA

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back