Hide Web toolbar

jblevins

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
I am running Excel XP and have a custom menu with hyperlinks to open spreadsheets, the problem is that the Web toolbar opens every time I click one of the buttons, now do I stop the toolbar from opening?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Throw this into the code(s):

VBA Code:
Application.CommandBars("Web Toolbar").Visible = False

Upvote 0
I was trying not to put code into each of the spreadsheets. I also thought about using a marco to open them, but there would have to be one for every spreadsheet. I was hoping there was a setting that I am missing. I removed all icons from the toolbar and left it; now I don't really pay any attention to it because it is always active.

Upvote 0
Cross-posted here: Hide Web toolbar

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered elsewhere.

Upvote 0
May I ask if mrexcel.com and excelguru.com forums the same forums (Rule #13:)?

Upvote 0
We are not the same forum, nor are we linked in any way. That does not change the fact that when you cross post you need to supply links to you other thread(s).
Please read this to understand why

Upvote 0
You are linked or you would not have known about the other post. I will find other sites to work with.

Upvote 0
We are not linked. A lot of members here are also members on other sites & so cross posts are regularly discovered & reported.
All we ask is that you supply a link so that members do not waste their time or yours.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back