Hiding and Unhiding command buttons

Yeoman.jeremy

Board Regular
Hi there,

I'm trying to write a macro that will hide a macro, and unhide another in the same script.

Basically, what happens is when i click a certain command button, it calls a couple of other macros(one of which defines the save name, and saves the workbook, then wipes the workbook apart from the protected cells), but within one macro i want it to hide a command button and reveal another before it saves, then after it saves i need it to revert.

Here is my code for the macro that saves the file

Sub NewJobSheet_mcr()
Call AlterDuplicate_mcr
ThisFile = Range("J6").Value
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\Jan\Desktop\Quotes to sort"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ThisFile
Call ReturnDuplicate_mcr
ActiveSheet.Unprotect

[G2] = [G2] + 1

Call ClearForm_mcr
Call Uncheck

The Alter and return duplicate macros are

Sub AlterDuplicate_mcr()
CommandButton3.Visible = False
CommandButton5.Visible = True
End Sub

Sub ReturnDuplicate_mcr()
CommandButton3.Visible = True
CommandButton5.Visible = False
End Sub

When i run just the AlterDuplicate_mcr() macro, it says
"Runtime Error '424':
Object Required"

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
Inlclude the sheet reference that the command buttons are on e.g.

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Sheets("Sheet1").[/COLOR]CommandButton3.Visible = False

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elbashka

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...