Hiding autofiltering row and wont unhide again...

cpis0002

Board Regular
Hi, I have a list of about 300 items. I made an autofilter on a column of the table, and any blank cells in this column will make the whole row hide once I use the autofilter (basic autofilter)...

The problem is, I want to implement this in a macro, so this can be implemented at the click of a button. I would also create a macro on another button to reverse this and show all rows again...

My problem is that after I autofilter, I hide the row where the autofilter is (cos I don't like those arrow drop down things everywhere), and then I cannot unhide this row, so the only way to reverse the autofilter is by clicking on undo...

Is there another way to hide rows with a blank cell in a specific column, or do you have any other ideas to hide those annoying autofiltering arrows?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
If you don't like the drop-down arrows, try something like:
Code:
Columns("A").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Whatever", VisibleDropDown:=False

Upvote 0
Hi, I am no good at VBE, where do I have to input that?

Also, when I apply that, they will disappear from just one sheet (i want them to appear on other sheets) right?

and laslty, when they are gone... how do I use the autofilter :s

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, I am no good at VBE, where do I have to input that?
You said you wanted to implement this in a macro. This code would go in your macro that would be activated by your button click.

Also, when I apply that, they will disappear from just one sheet (i want them to appear on other sheets) right?
I believe that you would be able to have the arrows appear on some sheets and not on others. In fact, I believe you can have then appear on some columns and not on others within the one sheet.

and laslty, when they are gone... how do I use the autofilter :s
Well, you can't have it both ways. If you want to use the AutoFilter manually, you need to have the arrows. If you want to do all your filtering by macro code, then you could eliminate the arrows.

Upvote 0
Hi,

You gave me a good idea... but I dont know how to implement it...

I only need the autofiltering on 3 specific columns which are columns H, I, and J... how can I make the arrows appear there, and not in the other columns?

Upvote 0
Hi,

You gave me a good idea... but I dont know how to implement it...

I only need the autofiltering on 3 specific columns which are columns H, I, and J... how can I make the arrows appear there, and not in the other columns?

If you are doing it manually, just select those 3 columns by clicking and dragging across their heading labels and then Data|Filter|AutoFilter

Upvote 0
Hi, Thanks again.

Didn't think that was possible, I used to try when I was younger and it never worked, when you selected the columns you wanted, it would still put autofiltering from the first column, until the column you selected... microsoft must have changed this feature and made it better...

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back