Hiding columns in Protected Sheet

rplim2016

Board Regular
Hi Mr Excel users,

How to Hide columns in Protected Sheet? In a sheet I have S*HIFT + ALT + Right ARROW = a collapsible shortcut for HIDING but it isn't working after I protect the Sheet.

I have protected the sheet because I don't want a formula to be seen (HIDDEN) because of CURLY Brackets.

Thanks Mr Excel users. :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi Mr Excel users,

How to Hide columns in Protected Sheet? In a sheet I have S*HIFT + ALT + Right ARROW = a collapsible shortcut for HIDING but it isn't working after I protect the Sheet.

I have protected the sheet because I don't want a formula to be seen (HIDDEN) because of CURLY Brackets.

Thanks Mr Excel users. :)

Would be really helpful if someone can share the knowledge whether this is possible of not. :)

Upvote 0
When you protect a spreadsheet, if you have the Format Columns Checked then you can hide columns in a protected spreadsheet. If you don't have that Checked, then you cannot hide the columns!

Upvote 0
When you protect a spreadsheet, if you have the Format Columns Checked then you can hide columns in a protected spreadsheet. If you don't have that Checked, then you cannot hide the columns!

Yes I got you, thanks for sharing. But it does not work with. I have S*HIFT + ALT + Right ARROW = a collapsible shortcut for HIDING but it isn't working after I protect the Sheet.

Upvote 0
Instead of hiding your columns, set them to 0 (zero) width.

Upvote 0
Instead of hiding your columns, set them to 0 (zero) width.

Thanks, but i think this wont solve the problem. as in particular I have GROUPED column SHIIFT + ALT + LEFT ARROW. a + or - collapsible which does not work with protected column.

Please let me know if this is possible to work in protected column, am i missing something?

Upvote 0
Which Columns need hiding/unhiding?
Why are the columns grouped?

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub Hide_And_Unhide()
With Sheets("Sheet1")    '<----- Change name as required
    .Unprotect Password:="123456789"    '<----- Change as required
        .Range("B:B,D:G,F:F,H:H,J:J,L:L").EntireColumn.Hidden = Not Range("B:B,D:G,F:F,H:H,J:J,L:L").EntireColumn.Hidden    '<----- Change both as required
    .Protect Password:="123456789"    '<----- Change as required
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back